This update has been rolling around in my head and it is high time to publish it! I want to get this information out there as I have started a new, busy time in my life. First, let us revisit the foot, the reason I started this blog. As I have written before, I am able to do much of what I sought to do after my surgery. I still cannot run nor can I bend my foot completely into a lunge without a little help first. I can lunge; I just can’t yet step back into a full lunge. I also can run, make that jog, sort of. At the end of the year I began experimenting with adding short intervals of jogging on the treadmill so I could control the surface and speed. I only got up to about 5 minutes of running and not consecutively. I would run one minute and then walk 30 seconds. This is progress! Ultimately, I’d like to be able to sprint. I’ve been more focused on walking, and strength and mobility training than running. (Or jogging, I should really say!) I believe I could build up to jog a 5k later this year. I may work that in to my longer-term goals. Continue reading
Allow me to share with you a little something I did yesterday. It was perhaps not the wisest decision and definitely not well thought out, but it was quite an accomplishment by the time I finished. According to my Fitbit, I walked 37,848 steps. No, that’s not a type-o. Continue reading
Autumn in October is one of my favorite times of year. It wakes my senses to memories of pumpkin everything, dropping temperatures, clove cigarettes, cooking marathons, leaves changing color, crisping up and falling off trees, wood fires, days hushed by longer periods of darkness and gentle cool breezes carrying sounds of crickets through open windows to lull me to sleep at night. I do love autumn. When I lived in Boston Continue reading
Hope I didn’t leave you hanging there for too long. Hahaha! I also hope you enjoyed the bungee jump.
On with the list! Here’s 51-100 of What I Want!
51. I want to spelunk.
52. I want to jump for joy.
53. I want to cook for hours.
54. I want to put on my boogie shoes and boogie with you.
55. I want to kickbox.
56. I want to jog a 5k.
57. I want to carry a package inside.
58. I want to skip.
59. I want to play hopscotch.
60. I want to stand and deliver! Preferably with a saucy Englishman dressed in leather trousers and makeup. Hmm, kind of like this:
61. I want to go on safari.
62. I want to ride my bike around town.
63. I want to do warrior poses.
64. I want to sprint.
65. I want to hula-hoop.
66. I want to spread my toes.
67. I want to boogie board.
68. I want to jump in the waves.
69. I want to do a cannonball.
70. I want to do it all standing on two feet.
71. I want to walk across a fallen log.
72. I want to jump on a trampoline.
73. I want to walk up and down stairs.
74. I want to skeet shoot.
75. I want to do a full plank.
76. I want to do push ups on my toes.
77. I want to pick up a pencil with my toes.
78. I want to walk down the up escalator.
79. I want to wheel my bag through the airport to somewhere fabulous.
80. I want to climb mountains.
81. I want to snorkel in the ocean.
82. I want to get a foot massage.
83. I want to do sun salutations.
84. I want to do the crab walk.
85. I want to do the bear walk.
86. I want to mountain bike.
87. I want to play leap frog.
88. I want to tumble.
89. I want to balance on a curb.
90. I want to take a shower.
91. I want to play frisbee.
92. I want to play charades.
93. I want to do my Indoboard exercises.
94. I want to climb on a jungle gym.
95. I want to walk through a festival.
96. I want to do whatever I please with the greatest of ease.
97. I want to get a pedicure.
98. I want to complete field training from institutions like IWLS, and NOLS.
99. I want to be fully functional.
100. I want to move freely in the world I inhabit.
Yes, I want all that and to pronk evermore. Unfortunately, I have to Wait. For. It. Sorry, no funny Barney Stinson line on that one. My patience is running thin. I feel a little like Pete Shelley when he asks:
What Do I Get?
Fear not, dear readers, for there is plenty that I can do and will get! I’ve been a busy bee and haven’t had too much time for lamentations. I will keep updating you on all the irons in the fire and what I’m creating. Plenty of hope, excitement and inspiration going on in this part of the blogosphere! The next post should be another good time…